Residents who live in the City’s North Zone will receive collection the week of April 14. On their regularly designated trash pickup day, residents may place up to 20 bags or bundles of leaf and brush at the curb by 7 a.m.
Please follow the collection rules:
• Sacks and bundles must not weigh more than 40 pounds each.
• Use only paper lawn debris sacks. No plastic bags.
• If you seal sacks, use masking tape only; do not use plastic or duct tape.
• No grass clippings. No trash.
• All branches must be bundled. Branches must not be more than 3 inches in diameter.
• Bundles of branches must not be more than 2 feet in diameter and not more than 4 feet long.
• Use twine or jute rope to tie bundles; do not use wire or plastic tape.
• If wet weather is forecast, cover sacks/bundles with clear plastic.
Residents may also use the City’s leaf and brush drop-off sites, which reopen for the season on Saturday, March 15 at 8 a.m. All three centers are equipped to handle yard waste, leaves and brush, including waste from trees affected by the emerald ash borer.
For more information about the springtime curbside leaf and brush collection, please visit https://www.kcwaterservices.org/leaf-brush/